Ruddy, the bespoke joinery manufacturer and multi trade fit-out specialist is looking for a Purchasing Administrator/Assistant Buyer.
Ruddy is looking for a flexible, proactive, self-motivated, conscientious person who is a team player & computer literate with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel & presentation skills to join its team in Flitwick.
This is a role that can be developed and expanded for the right candidate.
Control of the administrative function within the busy purchasing office and facilitate clear communications within the supply chain and with other internal work teams over multiple sites.
This is a central role, supporting the buyers, typing, issuing & processing Purchase Order instructions, ensuring received correctly by the supply chain, actioned, and tracked to meet specifications & delivery deadlines.
For the right candidate progression will be possible moving towards encompassing the role as assistant buyer as part of the supporting function within the dept.
This role may be applicable for your next career step forward as assisting in the placing and negotiation of purchase orders both for service , quality , specification, and price will be encouraged.
Flexibility, proactive, self-motivated & conscientiousness are an agreed pre-requisite of the job as you will be required to work to strict deadlines, working at times under pressure, so attention to detail and following though to the finish is required.
Typical duties include at least the following but are not limited to:
- Typing, issuing Purchase Orders, and checking acknowledgements
- Following up on key delivery dates by working closely with our Suppliers to ensure deadlines are met
- Where potential delays or problems are identified, responsible for alerting the buyers and internal teams in advance and playing a part in the solution to resolve
- Sorting supplier invoice queries & raising pro forma payments & actioning Visa Card payments on behalf of the buyers
- Responsible for control and ordering of the Company’s office stationery and distribution to the various offices and construction site addresses
- Tracking & reporting on all temporary hire equipment and asset purchases distributed to the various Ruddy work sites
- Ensuring all supplier certification and paperwork is correct and conforms to Ruddy requirements, covering both sustainable materials (FSC) and meeting transport guidelines when entering London delivery zones (FORS) etc
With on-the-job training and close working with the buyers, the key skills & qualities preferred to ensure a successful job role are:
- A good knowledge of IT accompanied with good typing skills and proven ability using Microsoft word & excel software. – including IT skills to present the work produced
- Numerical and analytical
- Highly enthusiastic, committed, a good communicator, adaptable, a quick leaner
- Organised, a team player, prepared to ask questions, listen, and follow instruction
The role will require working under own supervision, using both initiative and proactive work methods.
Expected start date: mid to end June 2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: circa £20,000 to £23,000 per year
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Full professional measures taken and adhered to – details will be issued if selected for interview
Send your CV and a covering letter (preferable but not essential) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is 7 June 2021.
More information on Ruddy can be found here: www.ruddy.co.uk.